23 Jan 2019 - 6 May 2019
As a London-based arts journalist, I have been researching and writing about exhibitions housed in London’s world-class museums, galleries, auction houses, markets, design venues and fairs for nearly 20 years. The work has involved meeting dealers, curators and individual artists who have given me insight into their professional expertise. Learning about countless forms of fine and applied art – antiques, jewels, ceramics, fashion, textiles and increasingly, contemporary high tech installations and stunning new and refurbished galleries has been an exceptionally stimulating experience. It’s a rewarding but steep learning curve and I am enriched when a project is completed and published, but also eager to move on. I look ahead and ask myself: “what’s next?”
Perhaps you would like to learn more about some aspect of art or more about a particular period. I would be genuinely delighted to conduct research for you — to help you find out what you are curious to learn or where to find that ‘special item’. Do get in touch.
I write about arts & antiques. See my Published Articles page.
Below is a selection of my articles:
- Edward Burne-Jones: Pre-Raphaelite Visionary – Winter 2018/19
- A Jeweller to the Stars – Winter 2017/18
- Bohemian Chic in London and Paris – Spring 2015
- A Visual Documentary of Queen Elizabeth II’s Sixty Years on the Throne
- Royal Wedding Dresses at Kensington Palace
- The Victoria and Albert’s Stunning New Ceramics Galleries
- Bejewelled by Tiffany – The History of Tiffany Jewelery
- London Underground Art: A Remarkable Heritage – London Transport Museum
- New Yorker New Yorker: The Life and Art of Saul Steinberg
- Artist and Architect Create A ‘Private Palace of Art’: Leighton House
I am experienced in the following areas and would enjoy:
- Researching the fine and decorative arts
- Writing about exhibits and fairs
- Reviewing the world of auctions
- Discussing major heritage buildings and interiors
- Interviewing artists and curators
- Am delighted to head off the beaten path to highlight & search for new talent
- London’s art world is burgeoning with venues which are not adequately publicised.
- If there is a topic you would like me to write about, please get in touch.
Photos by Abby Cronin unless credited to other sources. Articles © copyright Abby Cronin