10 May 2017 - 10 Sep 2017
Arts journalists find a ‘wow’ factor wherever they look. I find it when gazing at jewels, architecture, ceramics – virtually all forms of decorative fine and applied art, antiques, fashion, textiles and contemporary high tech installations (and so on). Lucky me! For the past 20 years I have able to explore myriad art forms while researching and writing about exhibits in London’s world class museums, galleries, auction houses, markets, design venues and fairs. My taste is eclectic and my fascination with the arts insatiable. The sheer wealth of London’s contemporary and historic world of art is addictive. It feels like a voyage of discovery. Subjects I knew little about have stimulated my imagination and enriched my life. Get in touch if you would like me to write for you.
I write about arts & antiques. See my Published Articles page.
Below is a selection of my articles:
- Bohemian Chic in London and Paris – Spring 2015
- The Wonderful Refurbished William Morris Gallery
- A Visual Documentary of Queen Elizabeth II’s Sixty Years on the Throne
- Royal Wedding Dresses at Kensington Palace
- The Victoria and Albert’s Stunning New Ceramics Galleries
- Bejewelled by Tiffany – The History of Tiffany Jewelery
- London Underground Art: A Remarkable Heritage – London Transport Museum
- New Yorker New Yorker: The Life and Art of Saul Steinberg
- Artist and Architect Create A ‘Private Palace of Art’: Leighton House
I am experienced in the following areas and would enjoy:
- Researching the fine and decorative arts
- Writing about exhibits and fairs
- Reviewing the world of auctions
- Discussing major heritage buildings and interiors
- Interviewing artists and curators
- Am delighted to head off the beaten path to highlight & search for new talent
- London’s art world is burgeoning with venues which are not adequately publicised.
- If there is a topic you would like me to write about, please get in touch.
Photos by Abby Cronin unless credited to other sources. Articles © copyright Abby Cronin