2 Oct 2017 - 25 Feb 2018
My fascination with the arts is insatiable, a fascination which feels like a voyage of discovery. Subjects I knew little about continue to stimulate my imagination and enrich my life. That ‘wow’ factor – surprise – is there as I gaze at countless forms of fine and applied art, antiques, jewels, ceramics, fashion, textiles and increasingly, contemporary high tech installations and architecture. Lucky me! For the past 20 years I have explored myriad art forms while researching and writing about exhibits in London’s world-class museums, galleries, auction houses, markets, design venues and fairs.
Get in touch if you would like me to write for you.
I write about arts & antiques. See my Published Articles page.
Below is a selection of my articles:
- Bohemian Chic in London and Paris – Spring 2015
- The Wonderful Refurbished William Morris Gallery
- A Visual Documentary of Queen Elizabeth II’s Sixty Years on the Throne
- Royal Wedding Dresses at Kensington Palace
- The Victoria and Albert’s Stunning New Ceramics Galleries
- Bejewelled by Tiffany – The History of Tiffany Jewelery
- London Underground Art: A Remarkable Heritage – London Transport Museum
- New Yorker New Yorker: The Life and Art of Saul Steinberg
- Artist and Architect Create A ‘Private Palace of Art’: Leighton House
I am experienced in the following areas and would enjoy:
- Researching the fine and decorative arts
- Writing about exhibits and fairs
- Reviewing the world of auctions
- Discussing major heritage buildings and interiors
- Interviewing artists and curators
- Am delighted to head off the beaten path to highlight & search for new talent
- London’s art world is burgeoning with venues which are not adequately publicised.
- If there is a topic you would like me to write about, please get in touch.
Photos by Abby Cronin unless credited to other sources. Articles © copyright Abby Cronin